Tuesday, February 14, 2006

I introduce you to the latest criminal life saving device.

Or A.K.A. the "Please Mr. Killer don't shoot me while I unlock my gun" device.

THE OMEGA GUN LOCK



This one is a bit different, this one looks like it could really mess up your gun.

It looks like it's some type of Cam-lock so be prepared for your chamber to be altered over time.

Not to mention that there's a very high chance you'll chip your extractor because, at least on Glocks, putting a round into the chamber and letting the slide go into battery is never suggested.

Plus on the pistol models I really don't think it's a good idea to put the "key" down the barrel!! If you forget and have a live round in the chamber and you have a negligent discharge your new nick name will be "Mr. Stump."

And If it's a "self-centering" key like they're describing that means you'd be rubbing against the rifling in the barrel while going backwards! Big no-no. I've always been told if you push something down the barrel it should go the same way the bullet travels.

----

It drives me nuts to see states pass law the require gun owners to keep their guns locked. Hell in DC I don't even think you can keep a gun assembled!

Now I'm all for keeping kids safe, I regularly use a cable lock on my gun when I go visit my kin up in GA. When I'm up there unless I'm wearing my gun it's locked.

This is just overkill......