Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Voices of Katrina Evacuees

Rep. Tom Davis (R-VA) chairs a hearing on challenges facing African-American evacuees from Hurricane Katrina. On the first panel, New Orleans residents describe their experiences during the storm. On the second, policy makers look at possible human rights violations by gov't agencies during the response effort.

------------------------


This is on C-span2 right now and if it gets replayed I highly highly suggest watching it.

It was one of the funniest things I've watched in a looooooooooooooong time.

If you watch it you will hear.

"mass graves from Katrina"

"And one last thing." - Dyan French aka Mamma "D"

"Eufimized" yes, "Eufimized" not Euthanized.

"Ethnic Cleansing had everything to do with it." - Leah Hodges

"They Bombed the levees!", "I was sitting on my porch and the levees were bombed.","Boom Boom that was a bomb." - Mama D

--------

Shays: "How far is the levee from your porch?"

Mamma D: "It's half way between my house and my post office box."

-------

"Germ warfare, bombs, slavery, concentration camps, and Amputee pregnant women"