Thursday, December 15, 2005

My new gun will be here in 5 weeks...

Well, I ordered my new AR last night. I settled on a DPMS AP4 Panther Carbine.



(Bipod not included)

This being my first AR I didn't feel like building one from scratch would be a good idea.

I don't mind waiting the 5 weeks. DPMS builds to order and I think that might be a little better than buying a assembly line Bushy or Colt. My thinking is the workers pay closer attention when they're making a rifle one at a time opposed to making the same thing over and over for who knows who.

I was looking at the regular Panther Carbine but decided to go with the AP4 because it has a A3 Flattop w/detachable carry handle, which gives me more options down the road if I want to mount a scope on it.

Oh, and I also spent the extra $30 and got the chromed lined barrel.