Friday, October 07, 2005

On a Mission From God?

Now some fresh pickings from the Political Grapevine:

The BBC is promoting its new documentary on peace in the Middle East by plugging a Palestinian official who claims President Bush said he invaded Iraq because God told him to. Palestinian Foreign Minister Nabil Shaath (search) tells the filmmakers that in a 2003 meeting, the president said, "God would tell me, ‘George, go and fight these terrorists in Afghanistan.’ And I did, and then God would tell me, ‘George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq...’ And I did.'"

But White House Spokesman Scott McClellan (search) says he's been in meetings with the president and Arab leaders, and that Shaath's claim is absurd. And other officials who were present, and took notes, at the meetings, say the same thing.




Hey BBC, I've got proof that Pres. Bush did say this.

Meet me at my house and I'll give you all the information you want.

My address is 1060 West Addison, Chicago, IL. Be there tonight at midnight.