Friday, October 28, 2005

Killing The Paper Man...

From yesterday at the range.

Boy I tell ya this is much more fun than shooting at bullseye targets. Not only because of what you're shooting at but how you're shooting; Rapid, 2 COM-1 head, draw and fire, etc. Plus when I'm going there right after work there's very few people there.

But it looks like I'm gonna have to start bringing my own target stand. The range officer told me I couldn't have a target that extended past the cardboard because if I shoot the wood they have to fix them. Well, Duh.

I asked him if they had any stands that accommodated the larger targets and he said "No, but there's a few people that shoot long silhouettes and they bring their own stands." I guess that was a round about way of saying I had to do that too. No big deal, what's it gonna cost me $4 at home depot for some wood? I'll still be able to use their cardboard, I'll just have to use two at a time, and I'm sure they'll bitch about that.

I only hit the wood twice by the way.

I haven't decided yet if I'm gonna scale him down any. I had a friend stand in front of him and he's just about right but his head is about 2-3" too tall.


Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us