Saturday, June 18, 2005

Durbin issues a statement ~ "You people are just too dumb."

Captain's Quarters sums up the exact way I understood Durbin's statement when I heard it first reported.

Here's Durbin's newest attempt to dig his hole just a bit deeper. (HT to Les Enfants Terrible)

Friday, June 17, 2005

“More than 1700 American soldiers have been killed in Iraq and our country’s standing in the world community has been badly damaged by the prison abuses at Abu Ghraib and Guantanamo. My statement in the Senate was critical of the policies of this Administration which add to the risk our soldiers face.”

“I will continue to speak out when I disagree with this Administration.”

“I have learned from my statement that historical parallels can be misused and misunderstood. I sincerely regret if what I said caused anyone to misunderstand my true feelings: our soldiers around the world and their families at home deserve our respect, admiration and total support.”


Here's CQ's response.

This, of course, is the classic example of the non-apology apology. Note that he doesn't retract a word of what he said. He says that he regrets if others misunderstood his "true feelings", not that what he said was wrong and historically inept. Basically, this is the translation one is meant to hear:

I'm sorry you were too stupid to understand me.




Yup, that's how dems look at all us little people, we're just too dumb to understand what they say.


I'm going to have to do some searching but I think Hillary has said almost this exact same thing in the past when she's had to backtrack on something she's said.

But I need to go mow my lawn before it gets to 95 here today...........

Hummmmmm And I think I'm going to go to the gun range for a bit too......