Tuesday, February 22, 2005

The WB destroys the Loony Toons....."Loonatics" is right!



Can't people just leave things well enough alone?

Now I'm from the generation that grew up with Bugs & Daffy, Tom & Jerry, Wile E. Coyote & The Road Runner and I just do not understand cartoons these days.

Cartoons were simple back then.

Elmer Fudd hunts Bugs Bunny [Shhhhhhh, be verry verry quite.......], Bugs gets Elmer to shoot Daffy. Despicable, I know.

Cat cases mouse, mouse runs away from cat. One of my personal favorites, the one where Tom devises and gigantic 'Rube Goldberg' contraption to catch Jerry, Jerry sneaks in at night changes a few numbers and the safe falls on Tom. (D'oh!)

And I've always wanted to see Wile E. Coyote's ACME bill....

So what was the WB thinking?

"Let's turn the loony toons into a cracked out, acid tripping, evil looking bunch. We'll make millions!"

Why did that have to change nice fluffy characters into demonic "superhero action figures"?

I don't even want to think of what they've got in mind for Pepé Le Pew.